Friday, July 5, 2013

Beginning Sorts for Beginning Readers!!

I have been reading lots of posts in the Guided Reading Book Study Linky Party and I have gotten lots of great ideas!! I love the Finger Trace Alphabet Book offered by Kindergarten Lifestyle; I can't wait to add this tool to my early reading groups!!

After reading the posts, I tried to think of another idea that I use for my first reading groups... I thought about how important sorts are for beginning readers. Our brains look for patterns and sorts are a great way to help students see the patterns in letters and sounds.

This packet is a sampler of my Cut and Paste Word Work for kindergarteners; it begins with letter identification and some phonemic awareness, and then moves in phonics and word families. I hope you find these activities useful in your classroom :)


 
Thanks for looking and happy teaching :)

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog through the blog hop. Your blog is adorable and I am excited to be a new follower! :) Stop by my blog sometime!
    Preschool Wonders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lola,
      Thanks for stopping by... I am going to check out your blog right now :)
      Melissa

      Delete
  2. Melissa, who is hosting that Guided Reading Book Study Linky Party? I love teaching guided reading and would love to blog about it and join the party.

    Sharon Dudley, NBCT
    Teaching with Sight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sharon,
      Here is the link where I joined the linky party... there are lots of great ideas!!

      http://kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com/2013/07/finger-trace-books.html

      Melissa

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...